9 December 2009

The Last 10 Years.

Well, we're drawing close to the end of the noughties. In terms of music, there's a lot of debate as to defining tracks and artists of the decade, The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, Bloc Party, Kings of Leon, Muse, Razorlight...actually scrap the last one. Ten years ago I was 10 years old, had just started high school, I thought letting myself in to my house after school was a big deal, England were about to be knocked out of Euro 2000 by Portugal (again) and some huge bug was about to eat all our computers. Now, I'm half way through a degree, living away from home, England are probably due to be knocked out of the World Cup by Portugal later next year, at least some things never change. I can't believe how quickly the last ten years have gone to be honest. A LOT has happened, and I pretty much couldn't have asked for any more. Seven years of high school, various jobs, a Gap Year, starting Uni, making some friends for life, seeing more live bands than I care to mention, four Leeds Festivals (one Wakestock) GCSE's, A Levels, The Commonwealth Games in 2002, a ridiculous amount of alcohol consumed.

In ten years time, I hope I'm able to look back on the 10's with such fond memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment